1. This week I celebrated my birthday. My oldest son came down from Chicago, and my husband took us out for dinner.My son took this shot of Husband and I in the restaurant; I like how he managed the shadowing to give me this great cleavage. Thanks, Son!
2. My husband's Thomas Pink Pink Panther cufflinks. As he has to help me put on my charm bracelet, I have to help him attach his Panthers. It's tricky getting the head and paws through the slits!
3. On nice days as I walk to work, I always admire the way these silver stovepipes stand against the big prairie sky.
4. When my husband and I visited Bermuda, we became addicted to Dark & Stormies. We brought back a case of Gosling's Black Seal Rum with us on the plane! Lately we've discovered Gosling's 151 proof (which will put you out for the night). Nobody seems to stock a key ingredient, Barritt's Ginger Beer, around here, but luckily my son brought it with him from Chi-town and so I present to you:
5. Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Domesticity. I just received my copy of the American edition this week, and this book inspires me in so many ways. If you haven't checked out her blog, do so. This weekend, I plan to dig out the quilts I've started over the years and never finished, as well as some baking projects. Maybe I'll even visit the yarn shop to stock up on material for a winter's knitting project.
Jane knits a lot of socks and also seems enamored with matching her toenail polish to flowers and shoes. Thus, there are many foot pictures. On page 156, she photographed her bright red Birkenstocks with equally vivid polish. I have the same Birks, in white, and here is my tribute, with Chanel Vamp nail polish.