Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tea & Madeleines


I've spent my afternoon going through my old Victoria magazines*, which inspired me to make some Madeleines. When my sons were at home, occasionally we'd have Sunday afternoon tea and I'd make Proust's famous tea-cakes, but those times are past and I haven't made them in awhile. I don't know why not, because Madeleines are not difficult, although they do require some pre-prep and a special pan.

Anyway, today's Madeleine's are amazing, even though I'm the only one at home right now to enjoy them. And of course I must have tea to dunk my cakes into! Tilleul (tea made from linden tree leaves and flowers) is the recommended type for Madeleine dunking; I found mine at a local tea shop but Harney's ( I love their tea) sells a version as well.

Recipe here.

You can buy a Madeleine pan here.

*The Nancy Lindemeyer edited issues. See Nancy's blog here!

2 comments:

M.Lane said...

You make madelines????
OK. Now you have both the best blog name of all time AND I want to come and visit for tea!

VERY well done.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I love Victoria Magazine! I used to subscribe to it and was so heartbroken when they stopped publication :( These look gorgeous xoxo