Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Can you believe these two little cuties, in their flannel PJs decorated with spaceships and teddy bears ("Made with Love by Grandma"), are now twenty-three and almost nineteen? I had a lovely lunch with my oldest this afternoon, who gave me a new turntable! Now I can start playing all those old opera recordings I inherited from an elderly aunt. When I returned home, a beautiful bouquet of flowers awaited me from my youngest (who I'll see on Wednesday, when he comes home from college for the summer). Lovely Mother's Day!

Of course, sometimes I am surprised my career as a mother didn't end like this:


My Mom and I, March 2008. She's our source of flannel pajamas (pictured above). Her mission is to seek out the most ridiculous prints, which she buys with her JoAnn fabrics 40%-off-one-item coupons. When my boys left for college, they graduated to flannel quilts, fashioned with more subdued plaids. She even made me a pink flannel quilt, which is extremely comfy. It features pink princesses, pink flowers, and pink teacups. Love you, Mom!

Yes those are tools behind our heads.

5 comments:

M.Lane said...

What a great family! You are right to be very very proud. Happy Mothers' Day!

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Bee said...

You obviously inherited your crafty flair from your mom!

Petunia said...

Oh my gosh--that is the cutest picture of your boys! They were/are adorable!!!

ScentScelf said...

Not just any tools...beautiful old planes, right?

Am working my way backwards catching up...Pops for Champagne is an oldie but a goodie...do you know about La Creperie? Another tucked in Chicago favorite of mine...

Imran Ali said...

A great family. May GOD bless you always.

imran.
gold charm bracelets