Friday, January 8, 2010

Penance of my Extravagance

I have the January blahs, for various reasons: it's cold as hell outside and will continue to be for the next three months; I overindulged over the Holidays and am now struggling to make amends to my body via my semi-annual Fat Flush; we overspent throughout the fall and, with work furloughs looming, it appears that it will be a belt-tightening spring.

But luckily my splurges last year are among the bright things that keep me going in these grey days.

For instance, I went crazy on my birthday and finally bought this:



An Hermès Collier de Chien bracelet. You may recall I've been coveting this for awhile.

I'm wearing it over a Christmas present from my husband that came in a Tiffany-blue box.




So despite the cold (see above), and hunger (see above), I still have nice things to wear. :-) I can't complain...but sometimes I still do.*

*Like, I would die for a steak and a martini right now. Or even a burger. Wah.

12 comments:

Petunia said...

Love the Hermes bracelet! The Tiffany scarf is gorgeous as well--love the design and the color!
Stay warm!!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Love the bracelet and you are very lucky your husband spoils you with Tiffanys! My hubby gave me the most beautiful gold necklace and earrings from Fred Segal for Christmas- Give me jewelry anytime and I am in heaven! xo

Laura said...

Ah, I'm suffering a similar fate at the moment! But at least I'm getting joy from my new coat...while walking through the horrifically cold weather...

vicki archer said...

No burgers for me either! xv

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Ohhh that bracelet is to die for!!! I've been lusting after all the Hermes bracelets for years now, but simply can't justify buying one right now. I'll just have to live vicariously through you and your stylish ways!
XX Kate
P.S. Love the Tiffany's too---what a sweet hubby you have!

pve design said...

What a wonderful way to look at life, by taking time out to enjoy your little pretties whilst you deny yourself for a good cleanse. I remember reading about this here before. I had a cleanse for 72 hours with clear liquids because I was ill but am much better now. I am much more mindful of my health and all the pretties I have to keep me smiling and sparkly.
Enjoy and love life.
pve

Karena said...

Ready for fun color and brightness in these winter months! Hermes colors are to die for!
Karena

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a fabulous weekend! I'm dying to see A Single Man and knitting and reading sounds like perfection. Thanks for your always sweet comments. Take care! XX Kate

LPC said...

I love that cuff. The mix of brutal and refined. Perfect. And if you figure out how to banish holiday pudge, do let me know:).

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

That Hermes bracelet would def. help me through the dreary day too! I have a twilly obsession. Happy weekend! xx

Stephanie said...

Sweet! Love the bracelet and the little scarf. Timeless!

Summer is a Verb said...

Best blog purchase I've seen in months! Maybe ever. I have an Hermes scarf that same size meant for wrist wearing and you've reminded me to dust it off...XXOO